friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh dear

4 posters

Go down

Oh dear Empty Oh dear

Post by leseil612 Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:50 pm

I have just popped into my man cave for the first time in 5 days. I have got myself into a unending amount of work.

1. I have to erect the greenhouse I have bought, I have to prepare the sight and make a flat secure firm base. This part I have just finished. I then have to erect it and there appears to be thousands of pieces in the box, don't know where and when to start yet. I must start soon though as tomato plants and cucumber plants will need to be in soon.

2. We have bought all new kitchen furniture which I have to put together, instructions not very clear.

3. Have also bought new doors for the hallway, there are 6 of them in there and I have to fit them, joinery is not one of my areas of expertise but her who must be obeyed did not like the doors that we have had for 12 years as there are some imperfections in the glass.

4. We had a gale last week and two of my chickens got out of their run, we are combing the neighbourhood for signs of chickens or piles of feathers, depending upon who finds them first us or Mr Fox.

5. She who must be obeyed wants the kitchen re decorated when the new furniture is in place, she does do all the painting on the new doors but I do half the emulsion painting of the walls.

6. I love having a protect to work on as it gives a retired senior citizen a purpose in life but I am beginning to feel overwhelmed as all these jobs are urgent and there are only so many working hours in a day.

To add insult to injury I have just noticed the offering from Martin on the new programme that superseded ConvertX which is what I wanted and have missed it by a day

Ces't la vis!!!!!

leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Oh dear Empty Re: Oh dear

Post by SithTracy Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Get injured, Les... Does wonders for my honey-do list!!! Of course... I hurt like hell and have to pay to have things done. There is no winning, my friend. Best of luck!!!
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Better pull your finger out and get some of those jobs finished Les.
Then you can sit back and put your feet up.
May be easier and cheaper to have another holiday.
Good luck!!
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks guys, but further troubles have been heaped upon me, I will be glad when 2015 has expired as everything that can go wrong since returning from Oz has gone wrong. I can show the greenhouse that I so lovingly erected.

Oh dear Greenh10
Oh dear Greenh11

We just had a nice little gale 4 days after I had finished erecting it. I am glad that I am an atheist then I don't have to think that someone up there doesn't like me. ces't la vie
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:23 am

See...... !!!!!
You should never have left us Les....
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:34 pm

I am beginning to think that myself Alby. even more so now that you will not be playing cricket the next time that I am over there.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:49 am

Aaah.. Les,
What that now means is.... I can now shout you a few beers while we watch the cricket.

Method to my madness
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:16 pm

I shout back so we could have a few more. LOL
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:05 pm

Ouch... Had some rough storms through my neck of the woods late last week. Our basement flooded (again) and the worst we had to do was pick up a few wheelbarrows full of branches. Got our roof redone last fall and it held up fine.

Hopefully the green house was covered by some insurance for you, Les.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:02 pm

Good news at last, the greenhouse supplier refunded the money. Sorry about your problem Tracy, but as long as the roof survives things can only get better. That is unless your basement area is holding valuable items.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum