friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter

2 posters

Go down

movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter Empty movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter

Post by startreksuite Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 am

Hi everyone! I am having more problems with my computer and freemake video converter. I have a iomega screenplay HD that doesn't like mkv files. so I typically convert them to avi. I believe it also has an issue with h264 files, so mp4's I convert to avi as well in an xvid format.
Here's a screen shot
movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter Freema10
I'm not sure if these settings are providing a less than stellar result, or the high speed encoding. The videos end up having some of the screen stuttering.
I tried using Handbrake, and with horrible results. I setit to mp4, ff

something or other. Have constant quality selected and it seems to be in

the middle for quality setting. The video is too small as a result, and

is horrible (screen looks like a bootleg video). When I upped the

quality, my computer shut down. Then I tried to restart and use firefox,

and my computer hung. I may post my setting for Handbrake, but toss it

after that.
movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter Handbr10
Thanks in advance.
startreksuite
startreksuite

Back to top Go down

movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter Empty Re: movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter

Post by zebadee Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:16 am

Hi Smile
Strange ....
Are you using latest version?

movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter 03062012091304

As you appear to be using the default settings for AVI editor.
I can't simulate any problems.
zebadee
zebadee

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter Empty Re: movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter

Post by startreksuite Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:42 pm

i am using the same version as you. So do you use high speed encoding or two pass? It could also be my source video. I'll post my video source. This could be the issue, or my iomega screenplay may be the issue. I could have been real silly and thrown away the original, this could have been the handbrake version.
screenshot:
movie stutters after converting with freemake video converter Media_10
I'll find the original again and to double check. Okay so I guess this was the original mp4.
startreksuite
startreksuite

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi Smile
I use two pass.
My source is always via my drives.
I do not download.
My HDD/SSD's are constantly monitored/defragged (when required ).
I should also point out that, good as I think Freemake is.
I usually use other s/w.
(VSO/Slysoft)
zebadee
zebadee

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by startreksuite Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Yeah, that could be my issue. It was a hard to come by movie that my son really likes. I would get involved with redbox if I thought it was available. When I read the source I got from was from either handbrake or virtualdub I realized that this would be a second gen conversion, which leads to trouble. I would use dvd ranger, 1 click dvd copy pro, to back up a dvd. Thanks for your advice. I'll try 2 pass next time around.
ok, tried 2 pass, same quality. I found a copy in xvid format, and it looks great. I'll try and get ahold of original copies, and not convert an already converted file. Embarassed
startreksuite
startreksuite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down