friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May be absent

+4
4hams
satrat
zebadee
sanshoe
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

May be absent - Page 4 Empty Re: May be absent

Post by sanshoe Sat May 17, 2014 10:20 am

Thanks Dave, been a pleasure.  beer 
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Sat May 17, 2014 10:37 am

Hi Smile
Interesting to note you arrived in rainy conditions.
Now looks as though you depart at the beginning of a heat spell.
(Hotter than Italy or Greece today.)
Hope all goes smoothly on your return to Oz...  bye 
zebadee
zebadee

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Sun May 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Looking forward to the photos mate.
Take care.

AL
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Mon May 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Waiting at Abu Dhabi airport for my flight to good ole Sydney
It was raining when we left Manchester airport, I actually had three days not wearing a jumper. lol! 
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Tue May 20, 2014 9:55 am

sanshoe wrote:Waiting at Abu Dhabi airport for my flight to good ole Sydney
It was raining when we left Manchester airport, I actually had three days not wearing a jumper. lol! 

Hi Smile
Did you remember the "Duty Free"?    May be absent - Page 4 Drunk10
zebadee
zebadee

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue May 20, 2014 10:24 am

Ooooo yeah... What grog did you buy for me ????
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Tue May 20, 2014 11:58 am

Yep a bottle of Jim Beam Burbon..1.125 mill..$29.00 normally $60.00
Cigs for the daughters partner, only allowed 50cigs per person, used to be 200 per person.
At Kelly's tonight and tomorrow, head home on Thursday, to see what bills need to be paid...lol
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Tue May 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Safe journey back to Aus mate. I have not been on the computer for a few days as she who must be obeyed has had me blitzing the garden a quarter of an acre is too much for two old codgers to contend with especially when the uncultivated land next to us is a wildlife paradise but a big part of that paradise is weed seeds that many bird species love but unfortunately cannot eat them all so they blow into our garden and set up home there. We have many areas where we dare not use weed killer  so it is down on the knees and pull them out. Must admit her in doors does an equal share of the hard graft.
We are currently in the process of booking our annual holiday which we will be taking in November until January, the destination is Melbourne, the best deal that we have come up with so far is Brunei airlines, as you are an intrepid traveller yourself any advice on the best deals will be gratefully received. It. Will be Christmas in the sun this year.
Finally sorry about the majority of the weather you received while you have been here but you certainly got around quite a lot and the weather has done you proud at the end.
Bon voyage my friend, sorry that I missed you while you were here. bye

Last edited by leseil612 on Tue May 20, 2014 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : dictation errors)
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed May 21, 2014 12:02 am

Hey Les,
Good to see you guys will be out to the convict settlements....
Maybe even a quick hello if your schedule allows... ?
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Thu May 22, 2014 1:01 pm

We flew with Etihad, good price, and not too bad a service, such a long hau.l Next time I go, It'll be business class.. this cattle class (economy) really takes it out of you, but you have to go with what you can afford at the time.
Make sure you look Alby up, and if your up my way look me up, I'm just sorry I didn't get your address before I left.

May be absent - Page 4 Hollid10

The Lincoln Imp.. I found it.
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Thu May 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Don't like to post pictures of my self, but here's one of my evil twin and our respective Mrs.

May be absent - Page 4 Hollid11

Dave is the good looking one on the end, Chris and I are in the middle, and Jill is next to Chris.
Hope you don't mind Dave.
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat Thu May 22, 2014 3:34 pm

sanshoe wrote:Don't like to post pictures of my self, but here's one of my evil twin and our respective Mrs.

May be absent - Page 4 Hollid11

Dave is the good looking one on the end, Chris and I are in the middle, and Jill is next to Chris.
Hope you don't mind Dave.

No probs mate glad you arrived home safe and sound guys feel free to scare the kids or the grand kids with the photo The lincoln Imp thought it was you mate May be absent - Page 4 Roflmf16
satrat
satrat

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Fri May 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Andrew, we will have to have a word with Martin and ask him to let us have each others email addresses, then problems like when we were within a short distance of each other when you went to Lincoln and the opportunity to meet up was lost.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat Fri May 23, 2014 9:14 pm

leseil612 wrote:Andrew, we will have to have a word with Martin and ask him to let us have each others email addresses, then problems like when we  were within a short distance of each other when you went to Lincoln and the opportunity to meet up was lost.

Hi Les just PM (private message ) Andrew  thumbsup
satrat
satrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Sat May 24, 2014 7:55 am

Yeah,
But If Les is out here later this year....Hey... A short trip up the highway...?
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Sat May 24, 2014 11:34 am

Alby wrote:Yeah,
But If Les is out here later this year....Hey... A short trip up the highway...?

Only 867 klm..9hour drive, plus 2.5hrs to Sydney, it's a long way Al.
P.S it's down hill from here Al..lol

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=distance+sydney&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4PRFD_enAU559AU571&q=distance+sydney+to+melbourne&gs_l=hp..0.0l5.0.0.0.13202...........0.JoCLD7cz-S4
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Mon May 26, 2014 12:03 am

Ha ha !! Yeah I know... I was just trying to make Les feel good.
Depending on what part Melbourne He is staying ... it'd be only 40mins to 1 hours drive to us in Leopold... on the other side of Geelong ... (the good side)
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Tue May 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Oh dear
Oz is such a massive country that the distances between places are so vast. I got my atlas out of the cupboard and Geelong was only 2 cm from where we will be staying in Leongatha and Sydney was only 12 cm away hey ho there you go in the future people will be transporting themselves just like in Startrek.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed May 28, 2014 12:02 am

Leongatha....
You're over in the Gippsland area of the state Les.
Hhhmmm.... I'd probably spend a few $ and head down to Sorrento and take the Ferry over to Queencliff if you were heading over this way instead of the traffic hassles through Melbourne then the boring drive down the highway.... Hey, You might not even want to go over this way......
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Wed May 28, 2014 6:54 am

leseil612 wrote:Oh dear
Oz is such a massive country that the distances between places are so vast. I got my atlas out of the cupboard and Geelong was only 2 cm from where we will be staying in Leongatha and Sydney was only 12 cm away hey ho there you go in the future people will be transporting themselves just like in Startrek.

Hey Les, I look forward to that day, but alas I don't think I'll see it in my lifetime.. Beam me up Scotty.
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Wed May 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Yes we are in Gippsland Alby, that is where our daughter lives and we will be visiting her before Christmas during Christmas and after Christmas. My wife says, "I hope we don't wear our welcome out going for 6 weeks". I don't think so she was always a daddy's girl and still is. Yes Andrew I am afraid that "Beam me up Scotty" is a long way down the road, but I can wait LOL. If Chris has any interest in football I feel sure that she has told you that Rotherham United won the play-off final and will be playing in the Championship next season.  trophy 

I watched the match on Sky Sports with my wife, eldest daughter and son-in-law and when the game went to extra time and then to a penalty shoot-out my blood pressure went sky high. I know it went sky high at that time because I had bought a blood pressure monitor last year and took it with me. Why did I buy a blood pressure monitor you may ask, well the reason is every time my doctor took my blood pressure it was high, even though we are friends somehow the white smock syndrome came into effect. Of course when the practice nurse took my blood pressure it was always OK. My doctor, based on his findings prescribed blood pressure reducing tablets for me. I therefore bought my own blood pressure monitor and due to my findings I have never taken one of his prescribed tablets. I told him this but he said, "I will not cancel the prescription just take one if your own BP readings are high".

Oh by the way my wife has just booked our flights and they are with Etiad Airlines so my friend if it turns out to be rubbish be thankful that Sydney is a long way from Leongatha. (only joking). ROTFLMAO 

As you said about going club class next time, oh how I long for the days when I worked for the British Government in the Solomon Islands, when not only were all the flights free but they were always club class. Therein the longing becomes more acute, it is true that, what you never had, you don't miss but when you have had it you know what you are missing. However when retired you have to go for what you can afford. I will at least get to the MCG when I am over there, tell me Alby have you got a home test series while I am there or will I just have to watch Victoria play. I may just come and watch you one day. cheers Howzat!!!
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Well I got it wrong my dear wife had not booked with Etiad she had actually booked with Malaysian Airways. I do hope that the pilot does not want to make a diversion to the Southern Indian ocean. I am trying to make that seem funny but there is still a little nervousness deep down. We have gone with Malaysian Airways on a number of occasions before without incident, I suppose that one must cling on to the old saying, "Lightening does not strike twice in the same place". The trouble is I know that saying to be untrue I have actually seen lightening strike the same building three times while sat on an undercover balcony in Singapore. (another freebie from the Government) Only the flights were free we had to pay for the hotels if we decided to break the journey home, we had 8 weeks holiday at the end of each academic year and we rarely spent more that two weeks of that back in England.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:32 am

Hey Les,
Shouldn't be too hard to check the MCG schedule... See what I can do there... That time of year .... should have something on the go. Just had a look on the website.... only AFL!... Ba! As it gets closer I'll jump in and have a squizz mate.
Come and watch me on a Saturday... hhhhmmm .... you'll either be bored s****less or a blink of an eye and I'll be back in the pavilion ha ha !! You might even get to watch the legend with the gloves behind the stumps ...erhum !! If nothing else Les I'll shout you a beer or three.

Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum