friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nexus 9 Android Tablet by HTC

2 posters

Go down

Nexus 9 Android Tablet by HTC Empty Nexus 9 Android Tablet by HTC

Post by SithTracy Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Picked up a new Nexus 9 running the latest Google OS, Lollypop. Only played with it a bit, but it seems very snappy compared to my original Nexus 7 from 2012. Will share information about it as I have more time. Plan on using it to showcase photos, etc, like I did with the Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 was showing its age. I do like the Android experience even though I use Apple products as well. My initial thoughts are Apple iOS is still a better mobile OS, but I like Androids growth. The issue with them is they need some level of QC over app development.

My wife, well, her xmas gift is coming... an iPad Air 2, so I may be able to do a comparison in the coming weeks. Shhhhh!!! Don't tell!!!
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Nexus 9 Android Tablet by HTC Empty Re: Nexus 9 Android Tablet by HTC

Post by SithTracy Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:04 am

After about a month with the Nexus 9, I like it, but it has it's knocks and at the price point it is at, even with the lightning deal I got it for, it is over priced. First, Lollypop is great. Best Android OS to date. The issues are mainly with the hardware. Nexus models are supposed to be the Google prime. Well, HTC fell short on this offering. Significant light leak and the buttons are mushy and do not have a good feel (I can say that for the Nexus 7 as well). The light leak is very evident on dark scenes on the display. Overall, it is a good display, but Apple's quality trumps it. Also, I got a 32GB model and only 24GB is available to me. Seems significant to me as someone that uses it to review images at a portrait shoot. I wish they offered a larger version. Of course, even if they did, it would need to come down in price. I feel the 16GB model should be priced @ $249 U.S. and the 32GB model @ $299. Also, apps... need more quality apps in the Play store to compete with Apple.

6/10 stars on the Nexus 9. I like it, but don't love it.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:37 am

I know this is an old thread....
But just thought I'd throw my 2 bobs worth...
Tracy, I'd been using the work phone... Nexus 5 for the past couple of yrs.... While I got to use it at no charge at all I've had constant updates....Only 1 GB data limit per month..... constantly losing camera and torch....Crappy reception... then finally people on the other end telling me the audio is horrendous and echoey... last straw.. Going in to town tomorrow (RDO) to the Telstra shop...... iphone 6.... Chatted with a couple of work collegues who have the iphone... love it... plus all in the family have them.... so they can help me... plus no charge for texts if to their iphones. I'll get reimbursed up to $80 per month from work.... Just a matter of what package will suit. I'll probably add a small amount extra for insurance in case....
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:45 am

We have iPhones too, Alby... Have since the iPhone4... Wife and I still have the 5S... Kids have upgraded. We don't really care about smart phones... whats so smart about them? You're connected, but detached from reality. We have a rule at dinner, no phones at the table... that extends to dining out. We go to a restaurant and everyones heads are down in there phones. I'd rather be done with them. My office supplied me with an iPhone 6... they want me connected, returning emails at late hours... won't do it. Don't want to be a slave to it. Been getting away from the computer quite a bit too.... It's been nice.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:24 am

Funny you should say that Tracy..... When get home from work I'll put the phone on a bench and that's usually it for me for the evening.... unless I'm on standby.
Don't get the work email system (outlook) ... not yet anyway... If they want me, they can phone me.
Did a stupid thing however... Hooked it into itunes last night... but pressed the wrong button and got the backup of my old iphone 3. deleted all photos and contacts.... replacing them with 2 years old stuff... bugger !! Luckily I had sent an important photo to my brother.... It was a photo of his youngun with Tom Hawkins (Geelong Football player) after Saturdays big win... I'll email it shortly...
Unless there's an easy way to get it back, I'll survive.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down