friendsofudvdr.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off to Australia

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Off to Australia  Empty Off to Australia

Post by leseil612 Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:33 am

Just waiting for the son-in-law to arrive to take us to Birmingham airport. Looking forward to seeing and cuddling daughter again, not looking forward to long long journey, we do not arrive in Australia until Tuesday. I realise that 11 hours of that is time difference nevertheless still daunting. Merry Christmas and happy nee year to all and we will be back at the end of January. I am taking my pad so will still be able to communicate.

beer
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Off to Australia  Empty Re: Off to Australia

Post by Alby Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:35 am

Beer and whiskey for christmas !!

P.M. me If You'd like to pop in.

Won't be offended if time doesn't permit Les.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:49 am

I will make every effort my friend, but as you may be aware I will have to rely upon the help of other. All being well they will come up trumps.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:27 pm

No stress Les.
Can be a pain in the bum driving from that side of the state.

And as you can see, we've put on beautiful summer weather... blah !
Cricket most likely will be cancelled... Typical December stuff.

Hope it's going well.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:36 am

Certainly not the weather we were expecting but having visited Australia many times before, we are used to Victoria's changeable climate so no surprises there then. Hope springs eternal in the English bosom.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:59 am

I was correct. All cricket in Geelong cancelled.
Thank goodness... Lousy windy day.

Eldest daughter and I bought a Chrissy Tree. A real one...Even had a nest in it !
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Have a safe trip Les, bring some Sunblock, although we do sell it down here as I'm sure you are aware.
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:38 am

Sun has been promised for the next four days, my cup runneth over. Went to Port Albert yesterday had fish and chips and scallops sat overlooking the great expanse of water there, it was a good day. Watched cricket for most of today looks as though it is heading for a draw.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:54 am

Need a more lively pitch. Something with a green tinge....
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:04 am

Getting a few thunderstorms over there Les ?
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:55 am

Just got back from Southgate with wife daughter and granddaughter dragging me around shops, it is wifes birthday to day. Now sat in Leongatha watching test match. Smith looks as though he is close to being the complete batsman (hope that I have not put the mockers on him) Still waiting for decent weather been blowing a minor gale today. We have had thunderstorms fortunately they have usually been during the night.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:50 am

Hope she had a nice day Les.

Mandy's 50th on Sunday.
daughters doing the cooking. I was threatened with death if I threw a big party.
Maybe doesn't want to be reminded she's getting old heh heh...
just us and kids...
How do you manage birthday and christmas presents. My darling wife is so hard to buy for... I'm easy... Dan Murphy Cellar vouchers (whiskey) or JB HiFi vouchers.
Weather will improve coming into the new year...fingers crossed.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:25 am

Happy Birthday to Mandy Al.

16,893 klms and your sat on the lounge watching the cricket Les!!!! ROTFLMAO
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:40 am

Hey guess what... I screwed up... She's only 49! Embarrassed or what! She said present will split with Xmas presy.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:46 pm

That was a cardinal error Alby, never expand a ladies age If Mandy did not strangle you, you got off lightly. The broadband here is really poor and as we have a family gathering five of us are all wanting to use it at the same time. It appears (in Leongatha at least) there is no such thing as unlimited broadband, there is a maximum usage. I have taken lots of pictures but as my pad is a HP Touch Pad, I cannot manage to get them onto this devise, my daughter in law gave me this when my son bought her an iPad. I will have to show the photographs when I get back to England, in particular my gorgeous granddaughter, she was 13 years old when I saw her last, she is now 18. I am going to have to buy a big club to beat the guys away. I always know what to buy my wife for Xmas and birthdays. As the hints are very clear and concise although this year my daughter told me what to get a Pandora necklace and bracelet. This stuff is really popular here, we had to queue to get into the shop.
I have to relinquish my hold on the broadband now, and YES prepare for boxing day cricket.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:07 am

I am surprised that there has been no mention of the Sydney siege on these pages Andrew it seemed crazy that he was still free to carry it out. While watching it on TV l saw him come to the window at least twice I said to my Australian son-in-law where on earth are the snipers. The missed opportunity cost two valuable lives.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:48 am

So far as cricket goes.... Come Boxing Day... I'll be parked in front of the 'idiot box' armed with munchies,chips and dips!!
Been watching any of the T20 Big Bash games ?
I enjoy these more than the ones against other countries. Mind you.. once the game is over I forget about it....
I got off very lightly !!! Forgiven ...not forgotten ! Mandy isn't into jewelry, perfumes etc, so it leaves the more practical type of gifts.... again ... hard to pick for. I'm easy...
whiskey (single malt) or music.
What's happening xmas day for you guys?
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:29 am

damn, rural Australia, just got the internet back my daughter had used up her annual allowance. There is no such thing as unlimited broadband in this area. My wife and I will be staying in Melbourne for 3 days 7th, 8th and 9th returning to Melbourne on the 10th could catch up with you there Alby if you are free. You made short work of India only a couple of Indians escaped with their reputations in tact, Kohli and Rohane. As I could not get online earlier I will wish a belated Merry Christmas and a happy new year now.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:38 am

No joy I'm afraid Les. Work, work and more work. Sat 10th... work then cricket. My leave is the last week of Jan....The other guys beat me to the early part of the month... aahh well.
Never mind mate. I'll email some pics. P.M. me your address if you want.
On to Sydney for the next Test.

Hey... get ready for a couple of stinkers weather-wise... 38degC Friday and into the low 40's on Saturday before a cool change in the arvo.
Have fun !!
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:30 am

Your weather warning came true we were virtually locked in the house with air conditioning and a large fan going non stop. Yesterday we were taken out deeper Into the country and saw some great small towns and beautiful countryside. The weather yesterday was as near perfect as one could even imagine it to be. Pity I cannot post my photographs but I will when I return to the motherland. Time is running away just another two weeks to go then off to Singapore then home. Oh I almost forgot 4 days and three nights in Melbourne starting on the 7th.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:18 am

Sorry to be on the 'weather-train' Les.
Make the most out of tomorrow and Thursday. Nice, warm and humid.... then BAM! Friday and Saturday back down to 20degC and rain.
There are some nice eaterys in Melbourne. China town is our fav. There is a dumpling place in one of the side streets that's awesome.
Queen Victoria Market is another great place. I love the Deli part.... Cheeses, Salami... Spicy Kransky with hot mustard and saurkraut... Can't spell it , but damn tasty ! Catch the old trams that do a circuit ... free travel.
Hey try to get to one of the T20 Big Bash Cricket matches if any are on.... either at MCG or under closed roof at the docklands stadium. I enjoy them more than the international ones.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:50 am

Hope you got through the Melbourne storms up there Les.
Alby
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:57 am

Just arrived back in Leongatha had a great 4 days in Melbourne the highlights were the 6 hours that I spent in the Museum awesome dinosaur skeletons and then today spent 3 hours at the botanical gardens. We stayed at the Mantra near the MCG didn't get there but watched the test match on the TV on the occasions we went back to the hotel. Pity I did not get your meal recommendations until we returned to Leongatha as that was the only real disappointment, not knowing where to go for meals, the weather also as you stated Alby was not too kind to us but we did get into the hotel pool twice. Time is going so quickly only 7 more days left and then Singapore and home. I have loads of pictures that I cannot post from here but I will post some as soon as I get back home.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:22 pm

Have a safe trip back to the Old Dart Les.
As a side note, you mentioned that you saw some beautiful countryside, which there is, and as much as I love Australia and our countryside, I think England with it's quaint towns and villages, especially the Yorkshire Dales with the Dry Stone Walls beats us hands down for visual effect.
But!! we do have better beaches!!! Razz  vacat
I thoroughly enjoyed driving through your countryside when I was there.

JMO.
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:33 am

That is what I like to see mutual respect for our countries, such a pity that other cultures cannot think and act the same.
Only one more full day left and then on Sunday back to Melbourne airport and off for 5 days in Singapore, will really miss the daughter and son in law and the many really good friends we have made here. Weather not been too kind to us but it will still have been a lot better than we will go back to.
ces't la vie.
leseil612
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum